Naomi was absent again due to QG Gymnastics.
During the fourth lesson, we divided the work we needed to do.
Myself and Sonya went to make a few phone calls we couldn't make on the weekend and Tasol went on the internet to research a few things, especially to find out the contact number of the manager of Summadayze. She also wrote down some ideas about the 4 Ps related to our product.
Myself & Sonya
I firstly called the GCCC (55828211), I introduced myself and told the person who answered that I was doing an assignment on marketing. I asked the questions that we had decided on last week. He answered that the Doug Jennings Park in Main Beach is a state owned property. However, he told us useful information about the loaning of the area. He said that most properties are not paid for, they are loaned on a bond and if any damage is caused, it is replaced and a fine is payed. He also replied that it is legal to put posters but not on electric poles or post boxes etc. He said that with permission from shopkeepers at shopping centres posters are allowed to be put up. He said that the Southport Library and other public service centres are good to put up posters. I also asked if setting up ticket booths around shopping centres such as Australia Fair and Pacific Fair were allowed. He answered 'yes' if the permission from the manager of the particular shopping centre is received. He also gaves us advice that most concerts sell tickets using the ticket tec at the Gold Coast Art Centre. He said that the concert manager pays the ticket tec to arrange to sell the tickets at numerous places and the cost of paying them is included in the ticket price for the consumers. When I asked the Council person about security and police. He answered that normally when a concert as huge as this is arranged, an event mangement plan is constructed, by people from the city council and police. He said that they hire private companies to do job. Lastly, he answered that first aid is normally arranged with the Queensland ambulance.
Secondly, I called the GCCC again, this time asking if they knew any contact numbers to the manager or oraniser or Summadayze because we realised that the ticket serivce connected to Summadayze was an automatic answering maching. He instantly connected me to the ticket tec at the Gold Coast art centre, I asked the person the same question but he told me that the Summadayze did not use the GCAC to sell their tickets. They did not have any contact numbers to any people connected to Summadayze.
We were really stuck then because Tasol could not find any numbers to the organisers so we decided to call the ticketing service (136100). I called the number and it repeated the line, "Please pay your money using master card, as Ticket master prefers it."
Tasol found some other places where the Summadayze tickets were sold. I called them up. The person at the record shop where some of the tickets were sold answered that they had no contact to Summadayze as they were connected to another company and this company was connected to Summadayze organisers.
I was really upset and annoyed by then and I didn't know what to do so as a last resort I decided to call the GCCC again for the third time. I asked them how many people were there at the Summadayze concert this year. The person connected me to the marketing department. The marketing department said that they did not have the information themselves but provided the number of the organiser of Summadayze. It was 'Future Entertainment' (Mel 03 9686 1166), I rang the number and asked the same question. They replied that it was a sell out and there were about 25000 people at the concert. We had finally found the number of tickets needed!
While Sonya and I contacted these people Tasol wrote down some notes on the 4 Ps involved with our product.
Promotion:
Flyers
Posters
Internet site
By mouth
Place:
Doug Jennings Park, main beach
Price:
$99 but may cost more – tickets come with wristbands
Products:
Rock concert
Whale hats
Wristbands
I believe that although the phone calls took quite a long time, the whole lesson, it was worthwhile as I learnt that it is very challenging to become in contact with the right people. I realised that it takes both time and effort to try and arrange things to suit everyone and every law. I discovered that organisation requires a lot of thinking and problem solving. An improvement that could have been made throughout the process would have been good communication. We found out later that Tasol already knew the number of people who were at the Summadayze concert this year. However I still think that it was worthwhile that although we found out the information through the long way, we learnt a lot of things.
The lesson was used effectively.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment