whale generation website:
url posted in Week 2 post

Whale Hats Prototype

This was our last week of preparation for our product. As a team we worked co-operatively with enthusiasm while as individually we worked hard to finish the particular tasks entitled to each of us. Our presentation has been decided to be on Wednesday next week. The individual speeches will be written individually during this weekend. The website and posters are looking good and professional although they are still a working progress. They will also be completed by the end of this week. I am in charge of the PowerPoint and will make the layout for our presentation. We have a prototype of the whale hats that are going to be sold at the concert. The date decided for the concert is 20th of June as it is the last day of term 2 and the teenagers will have something to look forward as the beginning of their winter holidays.
We have decided that we will do the 4 Ps in marketing.
The order we have chosen for our presentation is-:
Tasol "Product"- who will address out product and talk about what the concert is about, the fact that it is a fundraising function and the purpose of it is to raise funds for Greenpeace to support their stop whaling campaign. She will talk about our target audience and other information.
Sonya "Place"- who will talk about the location of the concert and things associated with the place and time.
Naomi "Promotion"- who will talk about how the product will be promoted and our way of promotion.
Myself "Price"- who will talk about the cost and profits we are making from the concert and other products.
I've just realised as I read the task sheet again, it says ' You work as partof a creative team at Saints Advertising Agency'. So we can't be SaveTheNextGeneration'.
Evaluation
I felt during this term planning and creating our product for a non profitable institution was really successful. Out teamwork was strong and we were very focused on finishing out tasks with efficiency and accuracy. Each member of the group were effective in achieving their individual task and activities. The activities were completed with a very high level of standard although I hope, in the future, we would have more time to plan and write our speeches. We were so focused on creating our products that we did not have much time to plan for our presentation. However, this once again shows that I have learnt about time and management and how important it is in society and also marketing. I have discovered a lot of new things about advertising and marketing and how it revolves around creativity and organisation. I learnt and realised about the four Ps and how important each one is. I now know to create and organise a big product and also put in a lot of thought about how to promote it. The money involved also got me thinking about profits and loss and my knowledge of the term, money, was expanded. Thinking from a marketer's point of view was exciting and complicated at the same time. The sharing of different ideas also emphasised how important communication and listening to each other is. All together, it was an enjoyable experience and an opportunity to build teamwork with my friends. It made the task so much easier to do and made it run more smoothly. In result, the completed product is very well done and I think it is because of everyone's efforts. So, well done to everyone in my group, our good team work has paid off well.

No comments:
Post a Comment